Sunday 3 March 2013

Slow Shutter Effects 3 (Delayed)

Finally, I have found time to get back to my online release of information. If you have read my apology post, I hope that this post will suffice.
So, unlike the previous post which dealt with movement.with slow shutter. This photo is stationed on "sticks" or a tripod. It helps create a static image.
Here are two static shots I have captured while visiting my partner aka "model".

This is a Close Up of a wonderful orchid. ISO 100, Aperture F 22, Shutter 1", White Balance at Daytime(5600k). My motivation was ...nothing. I pulled out my camera and looked for the closest object around which happened to be a nice yellow orchid. In this photo, the colours are super rich and vibrant. The exposure on the petals are well compensated even though the outside window is " burnt out". The reds and yellows are clearly distinguished. This is a nice effect  from using a slow shutter for still photography. It helps you see the finer details of the subject while intensely beautifying its subtle shades. I would have shown you a comparison with using a fast shutter but it did not come to mind when I was taking the photo. I name thee " Sunburst Orchid".
"Sunburst Orchid"


"Take a look at yourself"
The image above was captured on the same day as " Sunburst Orchid" but a bit later during the day. Outside was getting dark yet I saw a small opportunity to capitalize on my orchid themed photos. I use ISO 200,  Aperture F 5.6, Shutter 25fps. White balance set at "Shade" which is about 6500 to 8000k. My motivation was to portray an image of self-reflection. In the photo, the subject is looking for what she wants yet she is undecided. The truth however lies within herself, to look closely at her own self and reflect on what she really need. Freedom! Freedom from false advertising and from this "plastic world". To look at what is real and what is right in front of you. The orchid is a symbol of her untapped potential for growth, orchids may look beautiful freshly cut but if not re-planted into open ground it may wither and die. The light bouncing on her clothes and around the room simply came from the mirror. Slow shutter speed also intensifies natural highlights from any light source, in this case, the sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment