Thursday 28 February 2013

Slow Shutter Effects 2

All right, so now we dealt with slow shutter at night time. This next technique is the opposite of battling with darkness, we fight with light!.

In this shot I used ISO 100 because there is enough light for the camera to capture. Then I used a Shutter speed of 30fps and aperture f22. However, even with my aperture almost closed up and a ISO 100, the image is still over exposed. It was full on direct sunlight that day and no cloud in sight so getting a good exposure while attempting a slow shutter was pretty challenging. I did manage to get a cool "motion blur" from the cars and the people walking ( makes me happy ).  

Daytime Suburbia

This shot I must admit does not have the best composition. ( I criticize myself harshly ). Nor am I happy with the exposure ( I told you ). However, this photo does support this topic of fighting with light. As we know, both darkness and light have their own strengths and weaknesses. For example, while light can clearly highlight a subject and make it more visible, shadows offer texture and shape to the subject but too much and you will find that it loses its highlights. It is a constant battle between these two forces. If you get it right then you are a genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment